If a group that you’d like to join is still active there will be a “Contribute” button on the right side of the page.
Click that button to join, and a window will pop up where you can:
- Claim your share, either as a number of slots (for even-split groups) or a specific payment amount (for custom-split groups)
- Sign into an existing Pay By Group account if you have one from a previous Pay By Group purchase. You can learn more about signing in to your Pay By Group account in this article
- Enter your payment information
- Create a Pay By Group account or choose to join as a guest
- Opt to receive marketing emails from the business
In this window you can also review:
- Your maximum allowed share — the most you’ll be charged, plus any relevant fees. This is how much you agree to pay as your contribution to the group if the group completes with the minimum number of members needed to make the purchase. If your group has price ranges then the maximum will be based on the highest possible amount across all ranges. You can learn more about price ranges in this article.
- Your likely share — the amount Pay By Group expects you to be charged based on the projected size of the group. This can be lower than the maximum allowed share if the group already has more members or dollars committed than are minimally necessary to make the purchase. You can learn more about share projections in this article.
- The schedule of installment payments, if there are any. You can learn more about installment payments in this article.